Continuing Education and Events
Creating Solutions: How Nursing Care Moves Ahead Amidst COVIDJuly 29, 2020
Presented By: Mark Parkinson, AHCA and Robert Dries, PharMerica
Date: July 28, 2020 at 1:00PM ET
This webinar is Part 1 of a collaborative summer webinar series between AHCA and PharMerica reflecting on COVID-19’s impact on nursing homes and the actions of the government and industry leaders as a result. Speakers will examine the outlook for regulatory and policy changes as the COVID pandemic heads into the final quarter of 2020.
Key Webinar Learnings
- What the state of the nursing home industry is now and what the near-and intermediate-term hold in store for owners and operators.
- How does financial assistance from the government, new waivers from regulators, and the commercial marketplace factor into bottom-line decisions by providers.
- Occupancy trends and how the pandemic has affected the economics of long- and short-stay residents.
- What the upcoming presidential and congressional elections may mean for long term care, both on the policy front and the possible impact on the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- New ways of doing business in the social distancing world and heightened infection control.