Continuing Education and Events
Strategic Issues For P.D.P.M. Requiring Operational And Clinical FocusOctober 15, 2020
Presented By: Leah Klusch, RN, BSN, FACHCA, Founder and Director of The Alliance Training Center
Date: October 14, 2020 at 1:00PM ET
Managing the PDPM payment system has many new dynamics now that we are entering year No. 2. Basic regulatory and eligibility criteria must be addressed along with self-audit processes to identify payment loss due to poor training or understanding of the data formulating daily rates. This fast-passed session will present an executive review of the key data and compliance issues currently very present in most operational platforms. Practical audit processes will be discussed, along with competency and data accuracy that impacts payment and outcome documentation. Risk management interventions have not been a focus of PDPM education and also will be discussed.
Key Webinar Learnings
- Identify key compliance and regulatory issues responsible for negative payment and survey outcomes
- Describe formulation of appropriate – direct and effective policies to assure data and payment accuracy
- Review internal compliance criteria for the I.D.T. and its influence on payment levels and accurate outcome documentation
- Discuss the structure of simple internal audit formats to connect services, diagnosis and HIPPS codes to payment and outcomes
- Identify operational and clinical action steps to identify PDPM risk management
This webinar has been submitted for approval to offer 1 CEU for nurses and administrators.