Polypharmacy and Deprescribing in Long Term CareApril 20, 2021
Presented By: Marti Wdowicki, PharmD, Director of Clinical Operations – South
Date: April 22, 2021 at 1:00PM ET
The webinar will cover the definition and epidemiology of polypharmacy, explore why polypharmacy is important, review pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics changes in the elderly, outline common adverse drug reactions and the prescribing cascade. We will explore several deprescribing tools that can be used to support clinical practice in long-term care.
Key Webinar Learnings
- Define polypharmacy and related complications including adverse drug reactions, drug-drug interactions and reduced quality of life.
- List possible causes of polypharmacy in long term care.
- Recommend practical deprescribing tools that are applicable to long term care.
- Describe potential barriers to deprescribing.
- Apply deprescribing tools to real life scenarios through case studies