This program is active in Vancouver, Kent, and Spokane, Washington.
Start Your Career and Earn a Salary While Earning Your Pharmacy Technician License
Enrollees in the program are provided all tuition, training materials, and instruction free of charge with a 12 month commitment to continue working for PharMerica as a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state of Washington.
The PharMerica Pharmacy Technician Training program in Vancouver, Kent, and Spokane Washington is creating opportunities for individuals who are looking for a career entry opportunity in the closed-door pharmacy industry. Pharmacy Technicians are highly valued in our organization. We invite you to review our training program as you explore a career as a pharmacy technician as your next move. We are certain you fill find that our work environment is both inviting and educational.
- No loans to take out
- Training program provided at no cost
- Paid while training on Pharmacy Technician duties
- Instructors prepare you for the national licensure exam
- Continued employment offered upon completion of the program
Why being a pharmacy technician at PharMerica is different than at a retail Pharmacy
Retail Pharmacy Technician
PharMerica Pharmacy Technician
• Standing long hours performing order entry
• Order Entry performed seated at a desk
• Cash register duties
• No cash registers to run
• Open to the public
• Not open to the public
• Phone calls from providers and customers
• Phone call from providers only
• Limited advancement opportunities
• Substantial advancement opportunities
• Limited Departments: Order Entry, Fill Tech, Cash Register, Billing/Adjudication roles
• Expansive Departments: Order Entry, Fill Tech, Billing/Adjudication, Physician’s Order renewals, Controlled substance recordkeeping, Cycle fill, Satellite fill, Automation, and Electronic E-Kit.
Accepted applicants must obtain a Washington Pharmacy Assistant license by submitting a Washing Pharmacy Assistant Licensure Application and paying the application fee. Pharmacy Assistant Application Packet (wa.gov)