What Is Specialty Infusion?
- Specialty infusion therapy services primarily involve the intravenous administration of medications that treat a wide range of acute and chronic health conditions such as infections, auto-immune illnesses, cancer, pain, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Medications are compounded in a sterile clean room environment, dispensed under the supervision of a local registered pharmacist and delivered directly to the patient’s home.
- Amerita coordinates visits by a registered nurse, the frequency of which is dependent on the treatment type and the patient or caregiver’s ability to safely administer the medication.
- These drugs do not fit into the retail drug distribution model as they are high- cost, may need special handling and require extensive patient training and/or administration by a clinician.
- Patients are generally referred by physicians, hospital discharge planners, home-health agencies and managed care organizations.
Amerita, Inc. is a specialty infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical products and clinical services to patients outside of the hospital. This market is expanding rapidly and is driven by increasing healthcare costs that are moving patients into the most cost-effective delivery settings, a growing bio-pharmaceutical pipeline of infusible and injectable medications, an aging population and the recent addition of a Medicare benefit for these products and services.
Contact us today to start a new partnership in delivering superior care.