Addressing One of the Industry’s Top Challenges
Infection control remains the number one tag cited for skilled nursing facilities. To help you avoid potential penalties, or even a Directed Plan of Correction, PharMerica has launched an Infection Prevention and Control Program Audit, in which our Nurse Consultants offer targeted reviews on site. Our Nurse Consultants – who must successfully complete the CMS infection prevention course – provide comprehensive audits to evaluate your facility’s infection control efforts and compliance with F-880 through F-887* requirements.
*At this time, the audit does not include F-888.
Part 1: Infection Control Program
- F-880: Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP)
- F-881: Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- F-882: Infection Preventionist Qualifications/Role
- F-883: Influenza and Pneumococcal Immunizations
Part 2: COVID Infection Control Requirements
- F-884: Reporting – National Health Safety Network
- F-885: Reporting: Residents, Representatives and Families
- F-886: COVID-19 Testing – Residents and Staff
- F-887: COVID-19 Immunization
Read about the impact of the program in these testimonials from infection preventionists!
“Instead of it being an anxiety-filled experience, we were able to have a third party come in that many of the staff are familiar with and receive constructive feedback on what they can do better.”
-Edwin Alvarez, Infection Preventionist, Country Oaks Care
Components of the Infection Prevention and Control Program Audit Include:
- On-site assessment and monitoring of IPCP, with recommended QAPI to address identified concerns
- Review of IPCP standards, policies, and procedures
- Review of and guidance on infection surveillance
- Assessment of housekeeping and laundry services
- Guidance on influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations
- Education, monitoring, and screening of staff (remote or on-site)
- Assessment of documented water management system
- Review of environmental cleaning and disinfection
Contact us today to start a new partnership in delivering superior care.