A Focused Program for Enhanced Support
Long-term care facilities must be prepared to appropriately provide opioids as essential medications to meet the CMS stipulation that facilities “must ensure that pain management is provided to residents who require such services, consistent with professional standards of practice.”
Of the nearly 71,000 drug overdose deaths in 2019 alone, over 70% involved an opioid
Prepare your Facility
Seniors residing in long-term care facilities are at a disproportionately high risk for experiencing pain, and opioids are often veritably indicated for pain management. PharMerica has developed the Opioid Stewardship Program to help your staff provide ideal pain management and to operate as proper stewards of opioid medications.
Zero and Low-Cost Components of the Opioid Stewardship Program include:
- Core Elements Checklist for Opioid Stewardship
- Customizable Facility Program Toolkit Available
- Sample Policies and Procedures
- Reporting and Tracking Templates
- Education for Administrators, Healthcare Providers, and Residents
- Opioid and Pain Management Consult Services by PharMerica’s Consultant Pharmacists
Contact your Account Manager today to find out more about accessing PharMerica’s Opioid Stewardship Program!