Protect Your Residents and Your Bottom Line
With new surveyor guidance effective October 24, 2022, it’s clear psychotropic use is a continued focus of CMS. Take steps to promote appropriate use of these medications to lower regulatory risk, reduce adverse events, and enhance residents’ mental, physical, and psychosocial well-being with our Psychotropic Stewardship Program.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services showed that 80% of long-term care residents are taking a psychotropic.
Zero and Low-Cost Components of the Psychotropic Stewardship Program Include:
- Digital version available to download from ViewMasteRx or printed program binder available to order
- Implementation guide to introduce the program to your staff
- CDC Core Elements to evaluate current practices
- Sample psychotropic policies and procedures
- Resources and training materials to support P&Ps
- Consultant pharmacist expertise in reviewing psychotropic medication regimens*
*Additional consultant pharmacist support is also available, including for prospective consultations and retrospective audits.
Compliance Guidance for Psychotropic Medication Pharmacy-related F-Tags
Learn the top F-Tags for this drug class to be aware of and guidance for long-term care facilities.
Need More Help?
Stay ahead of the curve with our customizable program! Contact your Consultant Pharmacist today to find out more about accessing PharMerica’s Psychotropic Stewardship Program.